Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cards With A Past

Do you save cards that your family and children gave or sent you? I have for years and had a big box of them as far back as 1976. After doing ATC'S (Artist Trading Cards) for other people it came to me that would be a good way to save my cards. Here is my book and how I did it.
Enlarge for better view This is the back of cards

This is the front


This is how I start: I look at the focal point of the card and what the caption is.



Then I look at the in side and the signature: This card was 2007 Red Hat secret pal card. Later I found out it was Charlene from the Village.




now cut the card





these cards are 2 1/2 by 3 1/2






start to cut and paste
















The verse is cut up and placed on the back of the card




















Date the card and you have the card a memory for ever.











Want my children and grandchildren be surprised years from now that there cards were saved.










We my get much needed rain today;
You-all have a good and happy day

6 comments:

Mildred said...

That's a great idea Patsy. Your loved ones will be so honored that you treasured their cards so much. I bet it was a lot of fun going through these with lots of fond memories. Keeping my fingers crossed for your rain today!

Charlene said...

Patsy, I enjoyed seeing the card I sent you and remembered the card even knew my printing. What a clever idea and a true keepsake for your family.
Did you say RAIN....I sure hope we get some much needed rain.

Have a blessed day and stay cool

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

Hopefully that rain we willingly sent your way will arrive for you soon. We have had more then enough around here.

What a great idea, I save most of my cards, I keep them in those photo storage boxes. Love looking through them, they bring back great memories.

Jen

Becca's Dirt said...

Great idea. I began saving cards as early as I can remember. I still have them in boxes. But over the past 8-10 years I've saved some but not all. To be truthful I actually don't receive but maybe 1 or 2 cards a year now. I could cry but I won't. Did receive 1 mothers day card this year though (I have 2 kids).

Beautiful pear tree lane said...

Great Idea Patsy, I have been saving cards for many years. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Sue

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a great idea, I have saved cards for forty years! I still have our wedding cards..I have them packed away in boxes and old hat boxes..it is like a trip down memory lane! :)