Monday, May 22, 2017

The Bennie

Has a new friend
 We have been here one year and a 1/2 HAVE NEVER seen
a squirrel, until this one came and knocked on our 
door and ask for The Bennie.
 As most of you know The Bennie was the Rabbit 
Whisperer before we moved here.
 Now it comes every morning for a few shelled pecans.
It is almost taking it from his hand, just can't get that photo
yet.  When the neighbors see it they say ( look there is a
squirrel)   where did that come from.
I think it hitched a ride from Jonesboro Arkanass
To Where we live now in Tennessee.

The Bennie is about to freak me out, I have been married
to him almost 40 years- knew he had a way with wild life
and dogs and cats, oh and we had a cockatiel bird that loved
him dearly but hated me would bite me when I cleaned its cage.
It had to go or I was leaving , thank goodness he chose me.

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

How wonderful to have a husband who is an animal lover! There are a lot of hunters around here. I don't understand how anyone can get joy from killing a beautiful animal. When I was a child, we would sit on the back porch and feed the squirrels peanuts out of our hands. I hope you get that picture!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. Hopefully, the squirrel will behave himself!

Mari said...

Bennie sure does have the gift! I remember how the rabbits liked him too. When our kids were little we had chickadees that would eat out of our hands. No squirrels though!

Charlene said...

Cute post. Glad Bennie chose you too.