Monday, February 15, 2010

Old Church

These are old Church's that some of my ancestors went to: This is one of my grandpa's and grand maw's, he is holding his law book.
This is where they are buried in Tennessee. The church burned many years ago this is the new old one. 1940's The cemetery dates back to the 1800's. This is my aunt that was 100 years old in Oct 2009. Top picture is her great grand father and mother.

This old unused Church was where one of my grandpa's went to church in 1938






This one is where his father and sisters and Aunt's and Uncle's are buried in the Church yard dated 1890




4 comments:

Lona said...

Being a genealogy buff old churches fascinate me. I go to them and write down those who are buried there and register them online. Old stones deteriorate and get vandalized so if they are recorded they will not be forgotten. We have some old churches here in my area too. Well how wonderful is it that your aunt reached 100 years.She surely saw so many changes around her through the years.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to see these old churches. Many years ago, my brother and I found many ancestors' burial places but failed to take pictures of the churches. Maybe this spring we can get back and do that.

Latane Barton said...

What precious old memories. I'm like Hocking Hills Gardener in that I have done genealogy for years and have spent many an hour wandering around old cemeteries and churchyards. Glad you have the pictures.

Unknown said...

G'morn, Patsy ~ Oh, how I love the genealogies of families ... & the old pictures. Your churches are beautiful.

I have pictures out the ying-yang of graves & family places that I cherish. It is so fulfilling to gain all the knowledge to share with the kid-lings.

Have a beautiful day ~
Marydon