Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It is Cloisonne'

We planted in back of the house a Taylor's Perfection Camellia today. I just had to bring this one in the house.
It will mature to 8'x 6', cold hardiness 10"F-- Part Sun.
The little counter that holds the roll of stamps is cloisonne'. Enlarge the picture and see the fine work . I will have to ask at the post office if they carry the roll. Now I buy self sticking stamps.
Just think how many crimes will not be solved , because no one licked their stamp.

6 comments:

Winifred said...

That's a lovely camelia.

Unknown said...

I knew it was cloisonne', just couldn't think of it this morning, ever have that happen? Beautiful Camellia, with years of pleasure watching it bloom!!

Shelley said...

Flower photos are gorgeous! Do they even make the licking stamps anymore? :-)

Frank Baker said...

One beautiful plant . I hope you let Benny dig the hole. I bought my annual Geraniums from Ann Martin. They won't be available until Apr. 17.
Guess that will have to do for the season.

Renie Burghardt said...

OOOOH, that is beautiful, Patsy. Love that pink color!

I planted a couple of new rose bushes, and my lettuce and spinach in the salad garden are up.

Cool morning after heavy rain last night.

Have a great Wednesday!

Renie

Sue said...

Hello Patsy,
I have one word to describe this camellia blossom~perfection~,I have always wanted to plant one, but just haven't gotten around to it but after seeing this one I think I will put forth more of an effort.Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue