Thursday, January 14, 2016

What A Day

We went to get our drivers license changed from Arkansas to 
Tennessee. We had proof of address but NO that was not good enough.
My photo was on the Arkansas license but they said I had to have my birth
certificate or passport for proof  of citizenship.  When did Arkansas
 become not part of the U.S.A.
Look what I found looking for my birth certificate, my first grade
card from 1941 when I had gotten a smallpox immunization to go to school.
I think it was all because I am so white with blue eyes and I may have been living
In Arkansas Germany.
Anyway this is not the country I grew up in any more.


Winifred said...

It's getting dafter everywhere! However ours are national driving licences as it's such a small country. Well I say country I don't think you need different ones for Scotland, Wales & England but I could be wrong.

One thing that was good was when I had to get a new licence because I was 70 you have to have one of the new ones which has a photograph. Mine was over thirty years old so it was just a piece of paper. What surprised me was I didn't need to get a photograph. They got it from the passport office! Finally joined up government departments!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Ooh dear.
I think it has something to do with your ex-governor Sunquist, allowing immigrants in, and letting them get drivers-licenses without any documents.
I could be wrong.
At least I hope you were able to get your new license and get it all sorted out.

Simply Linda said...

We are having the same issue, issue it seems is everywhere. It saids right on the NY site you need your out of state license and 1 other form of ID--such as a social security card. SO, off we go, no, you need a birth certificate or passport...excuse me...anyways---you're not alone, Patsy.

Sparky said...

I think that's about true everywhere except California which is giving DL to illegals. We're having to comply by the same rules here in Georgia. I have a Georgia DL but when I go to renew in a few years, I'll have to prove citizenship, etc. since it's not "the right type of license". We're turning into fascists because of all the lawbreakers (i.e. crooked politicians). Welcome to O's Amerika. ~:)

Mari said...

Yes, it's a crazy world we live in. It's not the country I grew up in either.
Pretty rainbow!

Far Side of Fifty said...

When we moved from ND to Mn we had to have a license and a birth certificate I think. When I applied for the job at the museum I needed three forms of ID...go figure if I could fake one I could fake three:)