Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Way back when


After the French Revolution modern costume. Ladies hats and hair styles from the Revolutionary Period. a. Bonnet or mopcap b.Taffeta and gauze bonnet; Cadogan hairdo ( bow holds back the curls) , c. Chimneypipe hat with satin ribbons. d. Hair dressed with embroidered ribbon. e. Muscadine tall hat with ribbon band and plumes. f. Straw tall hat with satin ribbon trim. g. Cadogan hairdo with roll curls. h. Merveilleuse velvet beret with ostrich and plumes, ribbons and pearls. i. Merveilleuse jockey cap, neck cloth. j. Gauze turban with egret plume. k. Straw cabriolet bonnet with rolled brim, ribbon and silk flower trim. l. Straw cabriolet bonnet. m. Cap of velvet ribbon and tulle crown. n. Gauze cap with plume. o. Silk cottage bonnet with lingerie frills, satin ribbon.

4 comments:

Frank Baker said...

Great Patsy! That computer crash didn't slow you down at all.

I'm working on my hat blog.

Clara....in TN said...

I'm working on my hat blog also! Clara

Alice said...

I like the plummed turban! I'm sorry women today don't wear hats. I think they are fun and pretty and add sophistication to an outfit.

Barbara said...

Don't think I would want to wear any of those hats but guess if I had been alive at that time I would have known no other.