Friday, June 22, 2018

Get To Start Something

New and fun:
I joined a new book club , its fun being old (some of the time).

The Cordova city library sent a lady to lead us and bring the books
to us. We get to pick the books we want to read. Had our first meeting.

This was the first book, Sorry but I didn't like it at all
Never read Liane Moriarty  books. But it was fun to
 hear what others through and talked about the characters (the
 mental
 and moral qualities of individuals). That definition sure got
it right about the people in this book. Not that I am so good
but sure tried to stay a way from people like them all my life.
(The ones in the book) not the people at the meeting. 
Oh! and just because you get old some are still  like these
 characters.  We had community coffee this morning  with entertainment
from Shepherds Haven a missionary program of mentally challenged,
they sing  as a group and individually.

We are going to a movie this afternoon at the club house, they will
have free popcorn and drinks for us.
See what I mean about being old and living in a senior
community.
 
Just saying the Bennie doesn't participate in all the active or
do most of the men that live here, but that is okay with us lady's.
 





6 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I confess to not reading many books these days, seems like my computer has taken over :(
Enjoy your movie, it sounds like a fun afternoon.
Gorgeous Morning Glories, they are making an early appearance.
Hugs,
~Jo

Karen said...

That is a great service from the library. Those morning glories are Glorious!
Enjoy the movie and popcorn.

Mari said...

Beautiful morning glories!
I hope you enjoy the next book a little more!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I always wanted to join a book club...maybe someday! I hope you enjoy it, I bet The Benny finds lots to keep him busy:)

Charlene said...

Patsy, so glad your community has formed a Book Club. We have one where I lived. The
local library provides the books too. Some of the books I do not care for but think it is fun to hear other people's opinions. Remember how enjoyable our Book Club was in the Village. I am sure Bennie stays busy. Enjoy your week-end.

Love Of Quilts said...

Exactly what I have been doing lately reading. Its good you can fine a reason to enjoy being old. Guess just being here still is good reason.