Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It is that time of the year to cut back the roses for more blooms like this. "The Peace Rose" it has more yellow in it then this shows.


This is the Knock -Out Rose and it will be cut back and moved,
it is to close to a brick wall facing the west. This will be to let it spread out.


This is the Pope John Paul II and it will be moved away from the west brick wall also. I just hope they move with ease .



Spring is coming soon to North East Arkansas the tulips are up about 2 inch's.
We went to Tennessee for doctors appointments and had a lovely lunch on
Valentine Day with some of the children.

Have a super day!




8 comments:

Donnie said...

I planted my roses on a sloping area of my yard and they seem to really love it there. Can't wait to get back to NC to see how they weathered the cold winter.

Rae said...

I am always surprised when I read other blogger's posts about their blooms and flowers beginning to make an appearance already. It will be at least 2-3 months before ours starts to break through. I am hoping for an early Spring. I am ready to see something beside snow right now.

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed Valentine Day with family. You have such pretty roses. I love seeing your pictures. Best wishes moving the bushes.

Charlene said...

Glad you had a nice Valentine's day. So glad the temps are warmer now.

Country Gal said...

Your lucky to have all the buds and flowers starting already, here it wont happen till the end of March if we are lucky ! Beautiful photos. Have a glorious day !

Maggie Ann said...

Your roses are gorgeous! Is it really time to cut them back already? I'm a novice at rose pruning!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Lovely roses Patsy..they are a sight for my winter weary eyes:)

Unknown said...

Patsy, your roses are gorgeous! I always cut mine back in the fall, hmmmm!

Glad you had a beautiful lunch & visit with the family ...

I saw 2 wee yellowish/green tops playing peek-a-boo in my garden!

TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon