Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Girl Power

this magazine call Skirt! feature stories about locals in and around Memphis, Tennessee. It has a feature on my granddaughter called Girl Power.
"Whenever you have a difficult piece and you want to quit, don't, because that's how you know you're challenging yourself. A quote from Rebecca. Now is that not something coming from a 18 year old? (Believe me she has worked very hard to be successful in her music.)

It reads :
When Rebecca Butler picked up the French horn at age twelve, she didn't know that it would be her tool to success. In January of 2010, an audition won her a spot in the renowned Germantown Performing Arts Youth Symphony Orchestra. "After I finish putting my all into a piece of music and mastering it, I look forward to showing the audience my interpretation." Rebecca will be attending the University of Memphis in the fall and has received a performance-based scholarship. This summer, Rebecca is looking forward to teaching beginners to play the French horn.
Photo by Craig Collier

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Patsy! You must be so proud. She is beautiful and what a tremendous honor and opportunity music has afforded her.

Carol said...

What a wonderful success story! Her talent will take her a long way!

Smiles,
Carol

Country Gal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Country Gal said...

Wonderful. good for her, you must all be so proud of her. My family also is musicaly inclined! I sang in a band for years touring .My father was a pianest, hubby plays the guitar and other family members play many different instruments! Music is wonderful ! I wish her all the best ! and remember (NEVER SAY NEVER) ! sorry about the last post it went all wonky on me, computer glich !

Darla said...

Dang! I'm proud for her!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You must be so proud!! How wonderful to have such a wonderful talent! :)