Saturday, July 7, 2018

SATURDAY

IS A SLOW DAY HERE
if you don't have family come to check on you!

Our's came yesterday, after Coffee at the club house
And that is a big deal for us old people, the coffee at the clubhouse.
We get up date's on the village people and their many ups and downs.
And that can be activity enough for the day.




You know I am being a little  SARCASTIC ?

"Here  are some fun facts"

This one I do not believe 




Smelling bananas and or green apples (smelling not eating ) can
help you lose weight.

Because on the dinning table there is a bowl of bananas and green
apples. At night my chair is not far from the table as I read and I
can smell the bananas,  can not smell the apples. And I sure have not
 lost, any weight.

This one I can believe


The "@" sign is centuries old, and was used in Europe to denote a
unit of weight (the "arroba") equivalent to 25 lb.

We type this in very offend when using the computer.
Have a good day!



9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love it! I learned about all this, and it was fun. The coffee date sounds nice. I find that more and more, I live through other people's adventures.

Charlene said...

Enjoy your weekend.

Terra said...

A quiet day can be very enjoyable and your coffee hour sounds fun too.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We always have bananas in the fruit bowl...I've have to keep them a little closer! heehee! A quiet day is a nice day. Hugs!

Karen said...

Maybe if I just smell all my food instead of eating it, I would lose weight faster! lol

Anonymous said...

Coffee looks like a lot of fun. We have had a quiet/slow Sat. No calls/no visits! I have a bowl of bananas always but the smell has not helped me lose weight! Love you both.

Mari said...

Smelling apples and bananas hasn't help me lose weight either. :)

Love Of Quilts said...

Learned sometime new today I didn't know the "@" sign is centuries old. I don't believe the banana theory either.

Winifred said...

What a great coffee morning. My coffee morning is at Costa on Tuesdays I meet my sister. We stay for a couple of hours chatting & usually talking to people around us even if we don't know them!
We're both real chatterboxes.

Now I've heard people saying smell the roses but never heard of smelling the bananas. I quite like the smell if they're ripe but not if they're green. Yuk!